SEO stands / short for Search Engine Optimisation. SEO is the process of gaining traffic for the website by increasing the visibility of a web page or website to users of a search engine.
The benefits of SEO:
SEO is the best way to market your business, where customers are earned rather than bought. SEO makes your business more visible to people who are looking for services or products that your company provides or sells via search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Fundamental Principles of SEO Today:
1. Link building
Links are still one of the most reliable indicators of a website’s superb performance to Google.
2. Optimised Content
You need content to attract links and audience in mind, but you need to keep your audience in mind while you write that can help you make the right decisions about what material to include.
Here are some tips when crafting and optimising your content:
- Keywords matter in the context.
- Increase your expertise, authority, and trust (E-A-T).EAT — also known as Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. It is a very big deal when it comes to Google’s algorithms.
- Titles, meta descriptions, ALT attributes-for images, H1 tags, inbound and outbound links are still important.
How SEO works?
SEO works by showing to search engines that your content is the best result for the topic at hand. There are more than 200 ranking factors used by Google in their algorithm, so you will need to consider many things and take actions that help to optimise a website.
You can categorise SEO tactics into two buckets:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
5 Easy Steps to Optimise Your Website for Google:
- Conduct market analysis.
- Research keywords to target.
- Create and optimise content for SEO.
- Test and measure for SEO success.
- Increase your visibility with off-page SEO.
Important things to remember: Google ranks web pages, not web sites.
Find out more about SEO meaning.
Unfortunately, SEO is a never-ending process but optimising your website for search engines isn’t an impossible task by any means. If you are less technical, you might find it a bit challenging, but you can always reach out to a web strategist for help. Hope you know by now how SEO works and its definition, if you want help with your SEO, you can contact the best agency anytime.